Friday, July 6, 2007

So we finally went out on our boat for the first time this summer! We've just been so busy that we haven't been able to go out. It was a really hot day, it started at 76 degrees and up to 110 degrees when we got off the lake, despite the heat we had fun. Heres some cool pictures of the day. My dad is a really good waterskiier. I grew up with a boat as a kid and has continued to ski ever since. He loves it so much and is always "feelin' his oats" when he's out on the water. He sure shows us up!
Kirsten is happy as can be!
My mom loves to swim with us kids. Plus the water was really refreshing since it was so hot. It really cooled us down.
Travis is the major wakeboarder in our family as you can see. He likes to catch some air and show off his moves.

Check this out! Kirsten and Travis can get up and wakeboard at the same time! I got some cool footage of it and will try to put some of it online tom.
I told Kirsten to wave to te camera, she's really good too!



Dad beautifully makes those sharp turns.


And then there's me who can't do a single trick! I can hardly get outside the wake. Although I can board "goofy" or "regular" Notice: In this picture I'm riding "regular" I have my left foot in the front.
Dad loves to drive his toy. He seriously loves his boat so much and he should since it's his and he worked hard to get it.




Adam and his sweet new "do" after he wakeboarded.
Notice: her I'm riding "goofy" I've got my right foot in front this time.



Travis, recieving instruction on how to barefoot off our barefoot boom.
At the end of the day my dad let me drive the boat! It was seriously so fun! I got to go super fast...well maybe...I was a little nervous since I can keep only one hand on the wheel and the other on the gas stick thing...whatever it's called.







2 comments:

kristy said...

Ok, you all look like you are having so much fun!! What lake are you at? I love boating... seriously, it's the best isn't it? Oh, PS I'm goofy-foot too when I wakeboard... or snowboard, I really don't know how I learned that way... awesome that you can do both!!!! PSS my dad is an awesome waterskiier too, he loves to make those big waves... oh, it makes me want to go out on a boat tomorrow!

Chrissy said...

Haha, go Bishop! I love going to the lake. Well, Luke last night was telling me that a note won't do anything because she is crazy. But I think it will! You should mention it to one of them and see what they say. If they don't mind writing a nice note for me, I might need to get on that! Poor lady :(